When you are not able to successfully deliver to the customer (for instance, if the customer was not at home), we need to take some steps before we return it to the store.
First, let's go over these steps
- Have you tried to ring the bell twice?
- Call the customer, so we can validate that the person is not home.
- If the customer is not home but picks up the phone, ask him to forward the 4-digit code to his neighbour.
- If the customer is not at home, and does not pick up the phone, we will hand you the code.
- Check if the neighbours are home, deliver the package there.
If you need to return the delivery to the store because the customer wasn't able to take the delivery from you, you need to contact Rider Support in the Rider App.
After you reached the return destination we will handle the issue with the store and you will get new deliveries.
- Make sure that you checked with the customer multiple times before you return the package to the store.